This is a self-paced drivers education course delivered in an online format with text, interactive flash animations, and video.
Interactive Slideshow Course
This slideshow course is divided into 7 units. Each unit has text, graphics, animations, and videos, along with complete audio narration.
At the end of each unit is a review quiz. Each quiz has 10 multiple choice questions. These quizzes will help you prepare for the final exam.
The final exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions, from all of the topics covered in the course. You may retake the final exam as many times as you need to until you achieve a passing score of 80% or better.
The topics covered in the Florida driver education course are:
- Driving responsibilities
- Driver licensing and the point system
- How natural forces affect driving a vehicle
- Signs, signals and road markings
- Rules of the road and safe driving practices
- Accident causes and prevention
- Sharing the road
- Human physical and psychological issues
- The effects of alcohol & drugs on the body
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on driving
- The costs of alcohol and drug use
After completing this course, the student will understand:
- Florida driver licensing requirements
- Basic rules of the road and Florida vehicle code
- Vehicle operations, performance, and maintenance
- Defensive driving techniques used to avoid accidents
- The physical and psychological effects of drugs and alcohol
- The dangers of driving while impaired
- The costs of impaired driving and drug and alcohol abuse to the individual, to other people, and to society as a whole
- Positive strategies to cope with peer pressure, stress, and boredom