Online Drivers Ed
Most newer PC's can be used to complete our online drivers ed courses. We recommend a Pentium III processor (or equal), at least 256MB of RAM and 200MB available on the harddrive.
A high speed connection is required for optimal performance with some multimedia content.
Operating System / Software
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher. To see which version you have, click on Help on your toolbar and select About Internet Explorer. It is free and easy to upgrade your browser: Internet Explorer
- Firefox 2 or higher. We recommend that you have the latest version of this browser. Versions older than 1.04 may not be as secure. To see which version you have click on Help on your toolbar and select About Mozilla Firefox. Again! It is free and easy to upgrade your browser: Firefox
- Other browsers should work just fine also! However, it is always recommended to have a fairly recent version of your browser when navigating the web.
Other Software / Settings
- Zone Alarm is a great free service that many users have installed as an extra security. However, since it caches pages, you may find that turning the service off while you are taking your course will give you best results.
- Popup killers / Virus protection Although these applications are very common and needed on a PC today they can also interfere with the functionality. Please make sure all security settings are set to a level so that popups are allowed to be displayed.
Feel free to contact us for further questions.